Shorelinecity

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

And a date to boot….

So, it has been roughly a week since my roommates and I lost power and it has been just as long since we had hot water. Yesterday, I wandered down to the basement apt, ready to brave the language barrier in hopes find a phone number for the oil company and to avoid the nightly shower dance.

Once inside I wandered around and found the number on the very old boiler/hot water heater. “It looks to me like the engine needs to be rebooted,” I tell my neighbors. We exchanged numbers in hopes to inform one another if we see our landlord and or if hot water were to return. While waiting for the oil company to call me back my downstairs neighbor, Jose, called.

Jose: Ummm owners number…

Shore: Yeah that is the # we have. Oh well, I hope he turns up, alive.

Jose: Ummm…my English not good…… OK?

Shore: Oh that is OK I don’t mind.

Jose: You new…. I never see you before…… you married?

Shore: Ummmm…. no… (omg, what door did I just open?)

Jose: ummm…….I like you…….you nice

Shore: Ahhh… yeah… well, I am seeing somebody (which I am not) but thank you.

Jose: Oh OK…..call me anytime….... I like you…..I want to help anytime.

Shore: Oh OK…..well, thanks.

After this awkward conversation was over my roommate Buck was laughing hysterically. She tells me my face contoured into some very funny shapes as the conversation progressed. I couldn’t imagine how he found me even remotely attractive, my hair was wild and I was decked out in my Boy Scout shirt. Then I realized may be should have finished my ice pop before I knocked on the door.

My bad…..

2 Comments:

At 12:35 PM, Blogger wonderturtle said...

He should see you jumpstart a car.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Shorelinecity said...

No matter what it is. Cars or boiler/water heater, the result is always the same....I ROCK!!!

:o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home