Shorelinecity

Monday, July 17, 2006

You can look....

So I have this compulsion, I touch everything. OK, let me be more specific. I am talking about inanimate objects. For example if I am in a toy store and I see some soft, like a stuff animal, I have to touch to find out just how soft it actually is. In order to best see the CD on the rack I have to pick it up. I mean it isn’t really real unless I pick it up.

I was heading home via the subway around midnight. After I dip down the stairs I see wet paint signs hanging on almost every pillar. Now, I have seen these signs for year, and every time I almost see it as a challenge to prove it wrong.

I go in for the test with not 1 but 3 finger tips because more is better right? OMG….OMG…. it is WET!!! It is never actually wet. In the 7 years of looking at these signs it has never once been wet.

Now, there I am staring at my fingers, absolutely horrified at the fact the pillar is actually wet and completely unsure of what to do. I mean doesn’t the MTA know about my disorder, how dare it actually be wet.

I need to get this off my fingers best I can before I touch something important, like my hair. Don’t laugh, until you have gotten paint in your hair and poor gasoline in it to get it out. I look around and the only thing that isn’t painted was the subway map. I decided it was either me or the map and wipe my fingers down the only non-painted polls on the platform.

So, if you are ever at the 57th street station look for my tag.

I am such an idiot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home